After it was captured in the Yellowstone system and equipped with inertia-suppression machinery by Clavain and H, the vessel was taken to Delta Pavonis in an attempt to seize the cache weapons from the Nostalgia for Infinity and use them to fight the Inhibitors. Sustaining damage in the ensuing confrontation, the ship was given over to Remontoire's command while Clavain and the Infinity fled the Inhibitor-infested system with the weapons.
Hiding near the Hades Matrix to effect repairs, the Zodiacal Light managed to acquire Aura, and was upgraded with much advanced technology on its trip to the planet Ararat. Remontoire transferred this technical knowledge to the Infinity and attempted to delay the Inhibitors so she could escape the p Eridani A system. He and the Zodiacal Light were presumed destroyed.
Known crew members
- Nevil Clavain (de facto captain)
- Antoinette Bax
- Xavier Liu
- Aura (after rescue as an infant)
- Remontoire (captain, after parting ways with the Infinity)
The original Ultranaut crew is not known, only crew members post-capture are listed.
- Armed trikes - modified civilian trikes (featured in Redemption Ark)
- Storm Bird - Antoinette Bax's civilian freighter, rearmed as a small warship, later lost (featured in Redemption Ark)
- Remontoire's 'Trident' fighter - small warship purpose-built by Remontoire for combating Inhibitor swarms (featured in Absolution Gap)
- Inhibitor trilogy
- Galactic North short story anthology (2006)
- Lighthugger - The principal interstellar spacecraft type used by humanity, the Zodiacal Light being one of many.
- Nostalgia for Infinity - Became the impromptu sister ship of the Zodiacal Light during the events of the Inhibitor trilogy.