The Solar System, also referred to as the First System by later interstellar colonists, is the home planetary system of Earth, a terrestrial life-bearing planet, and the homeworld of Earth lifeforms, including humans.
Humanity developed technology sufficient for spaceflight in the mid 20th century.
Known celestial bodiesEdit
- Sun (main star)
- Mercury (terrestrial planet)
- Venus (terrestrial planet)
- Earth (terrestrial planet, Human homeworld)
- Mars (terrestrial planet, Earth colony, later contested between early Conjoiners and the Coalition)
- the asteroid belt of the Solar System
- Jupiter (gas giant, various Earth colonies in its vicinity)
- Saturn (gas giant)
- Uranus (gas giant)
- Neptune (neutron star companion)
- the Kuiper Belt of the Solar System
- Galactic North short story anthology (2006)