Epsilon Eridani is the main star of the eponymous planetary system.
The system is home to one of the most densely settled, economically and culturally significant interstellar colonies of human-settled space, the planet Yellowstone and its vicinity.
Other major planets of the system include the gas giant Tangerine Dream.
Known celestial bodiesEdit
- Epsilon Eridani (main star)
- A Prefect Dreyfus Emergency series - main setting
- Diamond Dogs, Turquoise Days anthology (2003)
- Diamond Dogs (novella) - major appearances
- Chasm City standalone novel (2001) - main setting
- Inhibitor trilogy novel series
- Galactic North anthology (2006)
Behind the scenesEdit
- Epsilon Eridani is one of the closer stars and planetary systems to Earth. This has made it a popular exoplanetary system to include in works of science fiction. (Reynolds' Revelation Space universe itself recognised as one of the major examples.)
- Curiously, based on exoplanet research of the system by current astronomers, the (not entirely confirmed) exoplanet Epsilon Eridani b is a gas giant roughly the size of Jupiter, possibly slightly smaller or bigger. If more concrete data on the planet surfaces, it would be a real world equivalent to Reynolds' fictional gas giant Tangerine Dream.